- Valid ID (government issued)
- 1×1 or 2×2 picture (bring at least 3 copies)
- Proof of Billing
- Initial Deposit, at least Php 100.00 for this type of savings account
- TIN number, since 2015 banks require TIN number in opening an account.
- Proof of Income (can be your Company ID). This is another additional requirement that Eastwest Don Antonio branch asked my husband. The bank personnel told us that Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas is stricter nowadays. They have to know where the client’s money is coming from.
Easy steps in opening Eastwest Peso-Savings Basic Savings Account:
- Make sure you have all the requirements needed.
- Go to the customer’s service desk, usually there’s no need to get a number for queuing, tell the bank personnel that you’ll be opening Peso-Savings Basic Savings Account.
- Fill out the application form, double-check your information.
- The Bank personnel will then process your application that would take for about 20-30 minutes.
- The bank personnel will then advise you when you can pick up your ATM/Debit Card. Usually it will take 4-8 days.
Peso-Savings Basic Savings Account only requires Php100.00 maintaining balance but it’s only a simple savings account. You cannot deposit cheques in this account nor receive remittances.
*Source: Eastwest Bank